Monday, May 15, 2017

Vern Young



*10-02-1924 Palmyra, NY
By Praguefrank, Steve Hathaway
SESSIONS
There is not enough info for creating sessionography

ALBUMS

Atteiram API-CD-1714 The Best Of Vern Young: No One Now;  It Rains In Missouri;  The Blue Birds Are Singing;  Yellow Roses;  Bury Me Beneath The Willow;  Teardrops In The Snow; I Closed My Hearts Door;  Let Me Borrow Your Heart; The Last Letter;  Moonlight On My Cabin;  Bringing Mary Home;  The Fields Have Turned Brown;  Too Old To Die Young; Heads You Win;  Rebel Soldier;  Sweethearts In Heaven; The Old Cross Road;  How Great Thought Art - 93
Vern Young 11093 Heavenly Sounds: The Bluebirds Are Singing For Me; Yellow Roses; Bury Me Beneath The Willow tree; Teardrops Falling In The Show; How Lonely Can You get; Using My Bible Like A Roadmap; What Would You Give; Dust On The Bible; How Great Thou Art; Gathering Flowers For The Master’s Bouquet – 10-01-93 (Vern young [vcl/gt], Kenny key [mandolin/hmny vcl], Jack ferguson [dobro], Ross Jacobsmayer [banjo], Charlie Burns [bass]. Chandler Recording Studio, Joplin, MO)
Vern Young 12094 Sings The Old Time Way: Lonesome River; Violet And The Rose; A Hammer, A Nail Of A Cross; Honey In The Rock; The Fiddler; Lord, It’s Me Again; At Least I’ve Tried; Each Season Changes You; I Wonder Where You Are Tonight; Rawhide  - 20-01-94
Vern Young 197 By Request: (reacks unknown)  -01-97 (recorded at Raney Recording Studio)
Vern Young 3301 Legacy: Streets Of Baltimore;  I Haven't Seen Mary In Years;  Gonna Lay Down My Old Guitar;  Have I Told You Lately That I Love You;  A Scale To Measure Love;  The White Rose;  Great Speckled Bird;  Traveling The Highway Home;  Shackles And Chains;  Where Could I Go But To The Lord;  Toy Heart;  Philadelphia Lawyer- 30-03-01
Vern Young 72605 Gospel: How Great Thou Art; Legend Of Dogwood Tree; Matthew 24; Where Could I Go; A Hammer, A Nail, Or A Rose; Dust On The Bible; Give Mother My Crown; What A Friend We Have In Jesus; Precious Memories; Honey In The Rock; Gathering Flowers For The Master’s Bouquet; Greas Speckled Bird; I Saw The Light; Sweethearts In Heaven; Using My Bible For A Roadmap; Lord, It’s Me Again; Traveling The Highway Home; Walking My Lord Up Calvary’s Hill; The Old Cross Radio; He’ll Save Your Soul; Meeting In The Air; Something Got Ahold Of Me – 26-07-05



SINGLES


Kendall
KRC-50-176/KRC-50-177 Down In Nashville, Tennessee / Does The Spearmint Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night?) [with Annie] - 50?
Chords (1960) with The Ambassadors
CH-101 Cindy Lou /  One Last Look At My Darling – 60 (L8OW-4392/4393)
Vern (1965) with The Younguns
VR 2001 Today’s Our Anniversary / Give Back My Kisses - 65 (SK4M-7123/4)

1 comment:

  1. Are any of VERN Youngs recordings available. I was a friend when he lived in Utah. thanks

    ReplyDelete